“Participating in community service activities helps to
enhance student resumes by allowing students to obtain work-
related skills prior to graduation, builds good references for
for employers in regards to community involvement, and
provides a forum to network with future potential employers. It also helps students develop civic and social responsibility
skills and become more aware of what their community needs." https://www.fnu.edu/community-service-important/
“[C]ompanies that offer opportunities for their employees
to get involved in helping better their community distinguish themselves from their competitors, and see many benefits,
including loyal customers and happier employees.”
Covid-19 has hindered, if not eliminated, many of the programs and processes the Hamilton County, IN, community had relied on pre-Covid. The Dignity Drive concept is appealing because:
1. We divided the 32 most-needed product categories into 8 subcategories of 4 related items with names such as When I See You Smile [toothpaste, toothbrushes, mouthwash, and dental floss].
2. Each DD group (or individual) chooses one of the 8 sub-categories, recruits donors & explains project, sets a project timeline, collects donations and deliveries them to MPNFP.
3. Explaining the project to donor group members takes about 2 minutes.
4. Reduces donor group members’ shopping time, effort, and to some extent expense.
5. Naturally provides the variety of brands, forms, sizes, etc. our vision of restoring dignity, self-esteem, and confidence through freedom of choice requires.
Category Name Items
A: Dental Hygiene When I See You Smile Toothpaste....Toothbrush….Mouthwash….Dental Floss
B. Body Hygiene I Fresh Like A Daisy Deodorant….Anti-Perspirant….Body Wipes….Body lotion
C. Body Hygiene II The Powder Room Toilet Paper….Flushable Wipes….Tissues….Hand Soap: Liquid, Bar
D. Body Hygiene III Shower Time Body Wash/Bar Soap....Disposable Razors….Shower Caps….Flip Flops
E. Facial Care Put on a Happy Face Face Cleanser….Shaving Cream….Disposable Razors….Moisturizer
F. Cleaning Supplies I No Germs Here Anti-Bacterial Cleanser....Laundry Detergent….Bleach….Stain Remover
G. Cleaning Supplies II No Germs There Paper Towels….Scrub Brushes….Sponges….Liquid Dish Soap
H. Safety & First Aid Sun, Bugs, & Boo Boos Sunscreen….Bug Spray….Band-Aids….Alcohol Pads